10 Best Air Purifiers And Allergies 2021 – What Is The One For Your Home
I learned something really important recently about air purifiers and allergies – that a purifier – a machine that cleans the air – isn’t enough to eliminate smoke particles. What are the best air purifiers and allergies removal machines?
In light of the catastrophic wild fires we have all over the world now, everyone needs a particle filter and an air purifier.
Although you already have one, no, two. Every human being is born with built in air filters. Your lungs!
Yet, you can’t rinse out the dust from them. You can’t remove the toxic gases from VOC’s, fire retardants, pesticides, fabric conditioners and color fasteners, bleaches and household cleaners.
In fact, it is like your lungs have a big Welcome! sign while they take in all those harmful things.
Nor can you order a new pair. At least, that is rare.
Your lungs can get clogged up beyond what coughing will eject. Then they can become inflamed and permanently congested.
And you can prevent that to a large degree.
And here is another factor I just read about – toxic air can make you fat!
Studies have been done on both children and rats. In the children, no artificial was created, but kids who lived in more polluted areas tended to be at least two pounds heavier on the same diet.
Rats exposed to heavy smog type air were 18% heavier than rats given clean air. Why?
Because toxins wreck havoc on your hormones, resulting in weight gain, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome – inability to lose weight.
A good air purifier/filter machine is like an external pair of lungs – or several more pairs, depending on the size.
Update: A friend recommended this to me today while we were chatting. Since the concerns about sanitation during the Covid-19 pandemic affect us all, I wanted to add this to the page here.
Customers like this item because:
- It kills mold/mildew in the air handler coils
- Greatly reduces sneezing and other allergy symptoms
- Clean air makes the whole house smell fresh
- Common colds don’t circulate through the air system
- Helps with peace of mind in this time of Covid-19
I say go for it! Get better sleep, better oxygenation, better moods! Recently I decided to add this item on this page, because so many need a ready to grab and go nebulizer.
- SILENT – PORTABLE – RECHARGEABLE
- 2020 KIT INCLUDES ALL ACCESSORIES FOR ALL AGES
- AUTO OFF WHEN LIQUID IS FINISHED
- FINE MIST FOR MAXIMUM INTAKE
- GUARANTEED TO BE THE BEST UNIT YOU WILL EVER OWN
Best Online Shopping Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking (AL= Ad Link) to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So here is the 10 best air purifiers and allergies relief list 2020. It will help you choose one for your home.
Last summer there were no wildfires in my immediate region. However, the smoke traveled into our area and it was necessary to wear a mask.
I had an air purifier then, but no particulate filter.
If you have respiratory allergies, you need both (and you can get them in one machine). I will outline why, in discussing the machines in this article.
When considering price, work out the cost of replacing filters, and how often, when looking at a cheaper machine. The more expensive ones may weigh in as a better buy when you do the math.
IQAir [HealthPro Plus Air Purifier] Medical-Grade Air [HyperHEPA Filter] – Allergies, Pets, Asthma, Odors, Smoke, Pollen, Dust; Swiss Made
- This machine comes with a Medical-Grade Air Filter and is 100 times more efficient than HEPA air filters
- IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns)
- Filters out the most minute particles that have been detected: 10x smaller than a virus
- Powerful spatial reach: covers a room size up to 1,125 sq ft (104.5 sq m)
What Are Ultrafines?
The vendor explains:
- “Ultrafines are the smallest, most numerous, and most harmful particles in the air. They comprise ~90% of all airborne particles.
- Ultrafines (including viruses) easily penetrate the lung tissue and travel to all vital organs, including the brain.
- Ultrafines have been linked to heart attacks, strokes, asthma and even cancer.”
There is more to learn everyday, isn’t there?
Was there ever pure clean air here on earth? Was that before man discovered fire? Maybe.
Now we here on this beautiful planet have reached a tipping point. Uncontrolled fossil fuel burn has advanced our civilization beyond the wildest dreams of 200 years ago.
Now we pay the price. We must clean up.
And we can only start at home, right?
I believe this machine is the one to do it. It is expensive. But it is a lot cheaper than the related diseases mentioned above, and not just financially.
The filters can be cleaned as they accumulate dust. This prolongs their life considerably. (see the Q&A on amazon).
Five Star raters state they last 2-4 years anyway. That’s good to know!
This unit is considered the best.
Buy on Amazon from an Authorized Dealer, to get the best warranty. Or, a warranty at all. You can contact the manufacturer to make sure.
IQAir [Atem Desk Personal Air Purifier [HyperHEPA Filter] Allergies, Pets, Asthma, Pollen, Dust; Swiss Made (White)
This wonderful machine is the Number 1 Rated personal air purifier and it is the 2019 Global Innovations Award Winner!
It boasts the same technology and capabilities for your own private office space or den.
It will fit in your carry-on! Put near your head in your hotel room and your immediate air field will be clean.
It comes with comes with an AC/DC power adapter that covers 100 – 240V and there are four plugs (GB, US/CN, EU and AU style) included for US, Europe and Asia.
Doesn’t that just get your travel bug going?
The coarse dust filter is washable (but may not be right for your environment).
This personal unit does not filter gases (VOC’s, odors).
Great for your kids’ rooms especially when they have a sleep over, to prevent catching colds et al.
Easy to move to the playroom (8.55 pounds) and kitchen, nursery or home office.
It is not cheap for a small unit but think about the savings in time, taking kids (or self) to Urgent Care for sniffles and coughs, trips to the drugstore for antihistamines, and saving a good chink of that money too.
Alen BreatheSmart 75i Large Room Air Purifier, 1300 Sqft. Coverage Area, Antimicrobial True HEPA Filter, for Pet Odor, Dander, Fur, Allergies, Dust, Pollen, Mold, and Bacteria, in Rosewood
- Self- adjusting filtering modes to accommodate what is in your air in real time, with a laser smart sensor
- Twice as quiet as key competitors
- Filters up to 1300 square feet in your largest room
- Comes in 10 decor colors to blend into your environment style
- Eliminates odor and particles from pet pads, kitty litter boxes and your neighbors cooking smells
- No more worries about dust, mold and bacteria
- Has an ionizer, but no ozone, for those with ozone issues
Air Oasis iAdaptAir-M for reducing Viruses, Smoke, Allergens, Mold Air Purifiers, M 550 sq ft, White
The video walks you through the five separate filter and cleaning systems on this tower.
The long and lean shape takes up a scant piece of your floor space. It is easy to tuck in a corner or against a wall.
Two five star raters stared that the before/after mold status of the tested air in their homes. Excellent results!
One customer was told to leave the home, but has completely reversed the toxic mold condition.
And two (still five star rated) reviews mentioned that they could not get the wifi app working with this machine. However, they don’t care because it filters so well and has completely changed their experience if their homes’ air.
As we descend in price, weight and size, these first three units don’t descend in quality, according to the reviewers.
Yet at this third recommendation, the warranty is 5 years.
One special feature the vendor describes is:
“CLEAN AIR & SURFACES: AHPCO, Bi-Polar ionization and germicidal ultraviolet technologies work together to deactivate mold, yeast, bacteria and viruses — not just in the air, but also on surfaces. Up to 99.99% reduction in germs and viruses!”
Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier | 950 CADR | Easily Covers 2,400 sq ft – Allergies, Odors, Smoke, Asthma, Pets, Pollen, Dust |
This unit offers the highest square foot coverage for the price. At 950 CADR (CleanAirDispersalRate) it cleans a 1,400 sq.ft. home for one buyer.
Another is ecstatic to have the mold problem solved in her apartment.
This unit will clean your biggest open space, and smaller units are available for bedrooms. CLICK here to see a smaller unit.
It “Easily cleans up to 3,700 sq ft in one hour”, allowing you to set the unit on low if desired.
It comes with four fan speeds, a sleep mode, and a child lock.
(Some folks want this on the quietest mode for sleep, and others like to turn their unit UP for a noise block.)
It has four filter levels:
- One Medical Grade H13 True HEPA filter which can be replaced when needed (original brand)
- One pre-filter removes hair, fibers and large particles like dander.
- Removes 99.97% of particles down to .03 microns including pollen, dust mites and other tiny invisible airborne offenders
- Carbon filters remove toxic odors, smoke and formaldehyde
- Dual filters double the air intake, one on each side
- Output fan spreads the clean air 360 degrees, for maximum benefit
- Wheels are hidden, giving this machine an elegant design
With the variety of sizes, this may be the perfect unit for your home.
Do any of you remember this? The Porter Ranch Gas Leak? 😯
The next of the air purifiers and allergies relievers was used by a customer who lived there, and lived through it, in health.
RabbitAir MinusA2 SPA-780N Black Starry Night (Pet Allergy) Air Purifier
These units come in a variety of art designs and mount on the wall. How cool is that?
They can also stand alone.
There are six stages of filtration – purifying and deodorizing.
It is good for rooms up to 815 square feet.
The manufacturer offers a Five Year parts and labor warranty.
Select from customized filters – Pet Allergy, Germ Defense, Toxin Absorber, and Odor Remover.
Remote management is available with an iOS device, or the Rabbit Air app for Android.
Very quiet, perfect for your nursery!
Smokers love it (and so do their room mates!) because they can smoke inside. That’s a huge plus, although no one will object if you quit smoking…
Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier with HEPASilent Technology and DualProtection Filters for relief from Allergies, Pets, Dust, Asthma, Odors, Smoke – Medium to Large Rooms
This unit works with Alexa for remote and voice controlled commands.
Activated coconut carbon naturally removes gaseous pollutants without the need for chemical additives, through two separate filters.
This unit will capture 99.97% of airborne pollutants including:
- Pet dander
for relief from allergies and asthma.
This is an Energy Star machine with recyclable filters. Filters need to be changed every six months, give or take amount of use and degree of pollution in the environment.
This machine is perfect for small rooms (300 to 400 square feet), offices and kitchens.
For any of these air purifier/filters, click through to Amazon to see today’s price or deal.
Also note that slightly different models of the same brands may vary a little in price.
Blueair Classic 205 Air Purifier for Home with HEPASilent Filtration for Allergies, Pets, Viruses, Dust, Asthma, Odors and Smoke, Wi-Fi Enabled, Alexa Compatible- Small to Medium Rooms
This is a smaller version of the Blueair Classic with its inherent high quality technology. It is also WIFI connectable and works with Alexa.
Smaller, lighter but just as good!
There are three other sizes to choose from, to fit your home needs exactly!
Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier for Asthma Mold, Dust and Allergies
This unit comes with a:
- Pre-filter to grab the bigger dust particles (lasts 12 months)
- A HEPA filter with a strong seal to ensure that none of the particles get by it
- A carbon filter for trapping gases, odors and smoke
- Air quality monitor and will adjust the fan speed when set on Auto
- Color coded guide to alert you when filters need to be replaced
- 10 Year Warranty
- 600 square foot coverage
- 1-12 hour timer settings
- A handle for easy moving (it is 19 pounds)
- Negative ion generator (no ozone)
Like all air cleaners, it is quieter when turned low. Adjust as needed.
AZEUS True HEPA Air Purifier for Home, up to 1080 sq ft Large Room, UV light | Ionic Generator
This unit is recommended for larger rooms, up to 1080 square feet.
The vendor states:
“Maximum Coverage: the centrifugal wheel design creates a stronger airflow that cleans room up to 1080sq.ft in just 45minutes. Combined with UV light and Ionic generator, you feel the fresh air in minutes.”
It has a timer feature for 2-4-8 hour run times.
It is 100% Ozone Free. I don’t have a problem with ozone, but there has been relentless propaganda against its use.
Of course, if you can smell ozone from an air cleaner, you turn down the level until you don’t smell it! Simple.
Yet since the earlier days of air cleaners which all used ozone, there is such an impressive improvement in air filter/purifier designs, that the ozone argument doesn’t really matter any more.
My personal choice is the first one on this page, albeit expensive.
Always click through to Amazon to see if there is a financing plan for the one you want. It may be better than putting it on your credit card. Sometimes getting a new reward card will take $100 of the price.
And always check for Coupons! You never know what you’re going to see when you go to the product page. Sometimes a nice surprise!
The following article expounds on the need for an air purifier.
Air Purifiers for the Home: Why You Need One by Kelley Kennedy
“Air quality and breathability within your home is a serious concern. For some people with certain respiratory conditions, such as allergies or asthma, clean air in their homes is a non-negotiable. Otherwise they simply cannot breathe comfortably. It may be scary to note that government agencies such as the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) frequently report that indoor air can be more polluted than the air outside. Whether you have a health condition or not, you could definitely benefit from breathing cleaner air with the help of air purifiers for your home.
Benefits of an Air Purifier
One of the main benefits of air purifiers is simple – you can actually breathe more easily. How do these devices work? Air cleaners use filters (also called collector grids) to purify the air inside your home. You might be surprised but microscopic allergens like dust, mold, mildew, pet dander, pollen, and chemical pollutants frequently “live” in the same indoor area as you do. And air pollutants can come from practically any source – furniture, rugs, carpets, toys, pets, even common household cleaning products.
If you suffer from allergies, you already know that microscopic, invisible-to-the eye particles can make it miserable to breathe. Symptoms you may experience include sneezing, watery eyes, difficulty in breathing, and a runny nose. While it is one thing to experience allergies outside, it is something entirely different to have to suffer in your own home. As far as other health concerns, children and the elderly are particularly susceptible to illness when they breathe unclean air.
Maybe you’re not dealing with uncomfortable health conditions exactly. Maybe you are just sensitive to strong, hard smells or offensive odors. Simple things like leftover food odors, cigarette smoke, and dog or cat smell can be enough to drive your olfactory senses insane. The great thing about air purifiers is the ability to remove the offensive smells and leave your air feeling cleaner and fresher.
Types of Air Purifiers for the Home
- UV: UV stands for ultraviolet light – and you guessed it – this kind of air cleaner uses UV lights to destroy microorganisms like bacteria, mold, and viruses. While you might deduce that this kind of high-tech purifier is the best choice for your home, also consider that these devices have limited functionality, specifically there are many different kinds of pollutants it cannot remove from the air. Because of this little fact, some people choose to use this kind of purifier in conjunction with another. Some well-known brand names for UV air purifiers include Ionic Breeze and AllerAir.
- Ionizing: This type of air cleaner uses a different process to cleanse the air – an ion generator. Electric charge from the ion generate causes pollutants to bind together. Once bound together, the micro-particles form large particles. These purifiers typically come with a collector plate because otherwise the particles will stick to every surface of your home and cause another problem – dirt. Some examples of ionizing air purifiers are the Surround Air and the Ionic Pro.
- HEPA: This kind of air cleansing device earns a reputation as one of the best for its efficiency. Scientific studies have revealed that HEPA cleaners are responsible for removing 99.97% of air pollutants. Many sufferers from asthma or allergies use these as devices of choice. Some popular choices are Blueair, Hunter QuietFlo, and Honeywell.
Did you know that air purifiers are effective at removing up to 99% of allergens and microorganisms that make you sick from the air – like pollen, mold spores, and dust mites? Visit our website for FREE reviews and ratings to help you buy the best air purifier for your home [http://www.bestpersonalairpurifiers.com/air-purifiers-for-the-home-why-you-need-one/]. CLICK HERE: [http://www.bestpersonalairpurifiers.com]”
(links removed at publication Source).