What Is A Full Body Workout Plan?
Wouldn’t you love to open a box and pull out an entire gym?
A two pound kit with stretchy bands, wrist wraps, a door anchor and a workout bar?
This kit is indisputably one of the best deals for home gym equipment and I will explain why.
We’re going to discuss many factors about working out in this post, but first I want you to see this gym-in-a-box that adapts to:
- A small home space where you want to workout
- A kit you can take in your car or public transit easily
- A patio/deck/poolside/den/bedroom space where you pull out your kit, and put away in a minute
The vendor BodyBoss states:
“Whether you’re training for your next adventure, a marathon, or just getting through the afternoon, BodyBoss 2.0 resistance bands provide a healthy and safe alternative to heavy weights.
It’s an innovative way to burn fat, build muscle, and increase energy while being safe on your joints. It’s perfect for everyone of any height and any size.”
Why Is A Full Body Workout Good?
Remember, any exercise you do:
- increases your circulation, oxygenating all your body tissues
- increases circulation to your brain bringing you many benefits, including memory improvement
- triggers endorphins, the “feel better” neurotransmitters
- Increases muscle mass if done correctly
What Are Full Body Workout Exercises – Can I Split Them Up?
BodyBoss gives you the gamut of whole body workout exercises. You can split them up any way you like. And you’re not on your own – no!
Some people split up the exercises and there are many reasons to choose that, such as:
- Accident recovery – focusing more on previously injured body parts
- Previous training that developed some muscle groups more than others (like ballet, one example)
- Current needs like carrying a baby or starting a garden (strengthen your back and arms)
- New training such as cycling (strengthen legs)
Here’s what is offered with your purchase:
“You’ll receive a getting started manual, training videos, and workout programs to build momentum and stay motivated to reach your goals.
Watch over 100 live and recorded videos for guided workouts, new exercise ideas, and even live video streams with certified trainers. Plus, we offer opportunities to speak one-on-one with personal trainers to get all the assistance you need.”
You are going to choose an exercise routine according to:
- Your general health Your age
- Your medical conditions, if any
- Your doctor’s advice
- Your age
- Your current abilities (muscle tone, flexibility)
- Your personal goals
Best Exercise Machines For Seniors – Is This The One?
Trainers and doctors will always agree that seniors should do exercise every day, light to moderate to intense.
If you’re starting out to design an exercise plan for yourself, what you choose depends on your general health.
If you have medical conditions, and you have lost your previous strength and endurance, you can still exercise.
Ask your doctor for guidance.
Start out with gentle exercises that you like. You can get a little tougher as you get stronger.
If you can tolerate general house work, (not moving furniture or cleaning out the attic – but every day items) with the most strenuous being vacuuming, that would be considered light activity.
Moderate activity would be like walking briskly, so that you can converse with someone, but perhaps not be able to sing while keeping up your pace.
Water aerobics, playing tennis (doubles) hiking, and cycling are moderate activities that increase your heart rate, moderately.
Intense activity would be hiking or bicycling uphill, jogging/running, tennis singles, fast swimming and martial arts.
If you prefer to stay home and exercise or can’t get out regularly, the BodyBoss workout kit is perfect for you.
You can design and choose your own intensity of exercise, perfect for you.
The following is part of an article I wrote years ago – because exercise is one of my favorite topics – and I want to share it here because it explains how you can gradually increase your workout intensity, safely.
The right exercise will:
- increase your heart strength
- increase your lung capacity
- increase your muscle mass
- increase your stamina, no matter how unfit you are
- allow you to choose the exercise you like best
- allow you to start at walking one minute at a time, if that is what you need
- allow you to use your favorite exercise machine – a treadmill, a rowing machine, whatever you have
An example of how you might start this type of exercise pacing:
Warm up, always, with walking, pumping the arms a little, and breathing easily and deeply.
Three to five minutes.
The following exercise is done with a jump rope. If you want to try it out, you can get one at the Dollar store, before you invest further. So here’s how you approach a graduation of effort:
- skip 30 skips, with the little bounce in between
- rest for 30 seconds, breathe easily and deeply
- skip 60 seconds, with the little bounce in between, and rest for 30 seconds
- skip for 20 skips, no little bounce in between – you’re done!!!!!
If you can only do 10 or 15 skips at first, that’s O.K.
Do the number that you can, and rest 30 seconds.
Double that number, or do however many more skips you can, and rest 30 seconds.
Then do the quick no-bounce -in-between skips, as many as you can and approximately 2/3 of the original number you did. You’re done!!!
The jump rope mode of this exercise is simple, but it’s not easy to do!
The coolest thing about this is you start right where you are. However fast or less fast, you will progress.
Another cool thing is, after challenging your system this way you burn fat for 9 hours after!
With almost any workout, this method of pacing your exertion can be adapted. You can do the exercise you like to do, and get lots more out of it.
If you start with walking, you can walk for a period of time, change to brisk walking, rest with slowed walking, walk even more briskly – I’m sure you get the idea.
It is the same if you’re doing arm exercises with a stretchy band, or leg exercises.
Best Exercise Machine For Weight Loss – Workout To Boost Your Metabolism
Healthy aging heart health exercise programs your body to:
- dump fat instead of storing it
- increase your heart’s capacity, the pumping capacity that will increase the blood flow per beat
- build your lung capacity, reversing the shrinkage that occurs with cardio – or with no exercise
- boost your metabolism even if you have a desk job
We’re used to hearing doctors and trainers talk about heart health.
Yet, your lungs’ capacity is extremely important.
A person is at a 200% increased risk of a heart attack if their lungs have shrunk. Wouldn’t you like to do your favorite exercise in the mode that increases your lung capacity?
Is this your scenario? You’re a twenty something office worker who is slowly gaining weight and losing muscle mass sitting at your desk all day long.
You also need healthy aging heart health exercise.
The great thing is this doesn’t take hours out of your week, or even going to a gym.
Can I Do A Full Body Workout Every Day?
When you read training literature, you see phrases like “muscle recovery” and “over-training”. I have never heard a trainer recommend a full body workout every day. Marc Perry, a well known trainer, says his dad who is 65, does a full body workout twice a week.
A younger person may elect to that three times a week. Generally, at least 48 hours between workouts is recommended.
Remember, if you choose the interval style of exercising as described in this article, you will stimulate both fat burning and muscle building.
Fat burning and muscle building! Even with moderate intensity.
Therefore, you need that “muscle recovery time” which involves a cascade of cellular responses affecting your metabolism, and the building of muscle fibers.
This can take two or more days.
When Is A Full Body Workout Effective?
When you need to fully utilize the time in your life, the full body workout is ideal.
You will settle on two or three times a week for your workout. You can choose the time of day when you have a good energy level.
You can schedule your exercise around your employment schedule or self employed schedule. You will achieve the max out of your available time, especially if you have a BodyBoss kit.
You don’t need travel time to and from the gym. You don’t have to wait for machines to become available to you.
You don’t have to go home, change, then go somewhere else.
You will have a routine muscle recovery period, best for your overall health.
Can I Get A full Body Workout Without Weights?
Yes you can! You will find many exercises using the stretch bands that create resistance, like weights, to challenge and build your muscle strength.