Top 10 – The Best Grow Lights For Indoor Plants 2020
Growing plants inside has many benefits. Because plants are so popular in house decor, and for indoor gardening, I have outlined the features of the best grow lights for indoor plants.
You may also be looking for the best commercial grow arrays, so read on!
Some of the benefits of having plants in your home, home office or business are:
- Plants exhale oxygen
- Some indoor plants remove harmful chemicals and gases from the air
- Plants improve your decor – with color, scent, and multi-textured natural designs
- Seeing green is good for your brain – increases mental acuity and your feeling of well being (proven)
- Many plants are food!
Even in smaller kitchens or walled porches, it is easy to grow herbs. There’s nothing like fresh chopped chives in an omelet, right?
Or fresh basil for pesto sauce?
You can grow more than that if you have the right amount of light.
How high should you hang your grow lights?
Here are some tips.
Best Online Shopping Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking (AL= Ad Link) to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
AcroOptics High Power, Broad Spectrum, Cloud-Enabled, Programmable LED Grow Light F364S for Indoor Plants or Garden
Now you can program and monitor your lights using a mobile app or the on board touchscreen.
Isn’t that so convenient for when you can’t be at home?
- Uniform light assured – custom TIR optics ensure – no hot spots, no dead zones
- 1,200 PPF Hot Output
- 6 channel programming gives you the options for multiple day ramping and step functions to activate flowering
- Cooling is achieved with magnetic bearing fans for maintaining operating temperatures
- Designed and manufactured in the US, unit comes with a 3 year material defect and workmanship guaranty.
Get the power and spectrum needed for your indoor plants. Be sure you have a uniform and blended light field across your garden area.
This is created with the Total Internal Reflective lenses.
With broad spectrum output from UV through IR, the light can transform your garden from seedlings through fruiting.
Customize your light program to benefit the evolving needs of your plants through the mobile app (available for both iOS and Android) or the on board touchscreen.
All-aluminum housing and stainless steel hardware add durability.
The AcroOptics F364S LED Grow Light is guaranteed against material defect and workmanship for three years from purchase.
Sun System Grow Lights – Grow Beast 208/240V | 3100 K Lamps | – Indoor Fixture for Hydroponic and Greenhouse Use – 2 Philips Green Power Full Spectrum CDM Lamps, and Internal Ballast Included
- The industry’s first combination LEC (Light Emitting Ceramic) /DE (Double Ended) Fixture
- The Grow Beast utilizes this cutting edge brand technology in combination with your preferred high PAR DE Lamp
- The fixture has 95% reflective textured German aluminum insert and 98% reflective corners for uniform output, and diffusion
How Does This Work?
The wide throw de reflector features 95% reflective textured German aluminum. De Lamp provides an extremely high photosynthetic photon flux –
Stop – what is that?
“In photometry, luminous flux or luminous power is the measure of the perceived power of light. It differs from radiant flux, the measure of the total power of electromagnetic radiation (including infrared, ultraviolet, and visible light), in that luminous flux is adjusted to reflect the varying sensitivity of the human eye to different wavelengths of light. ” – Wikipedia
Okay, go on…
…(ppf) as the lec provides improved full color light spectrum with higher amounts of beneficial UV & far red spectrums.
The material is galvanized steel housing with durable powder-coated finish, and the unit is designed with easy carry handles.
A 20 ft. 240V power cord is included.
It comes with a 15 ft. detachable Lamp cord.
Philips electronic cdm ballasts are built into the fixture.
Two Philips cdm 315 lamps are included.
Double-ended Lamp (600, 750 or 1000 watt) & ballast are not included in this package and are a separate purchase. One year warranty on lamps.
Kind LED Indoor LED Grow Light K5 Series XL1000 Best LED Grow Light Winner 2017 with Remote and Timer for Plants and Flowers 650W with 12 Band Full Spectrum with UV IR UL Listed | 3 Years of Warranty
This unit solves one of the most common problems that indoor grow LED lights have presented in the past.
Because of historically small footprints, due to small circuit board construction, LED lights have never succeeded in delivering the final harvest weights promised in comparison to their said HPS counterparts.
Uniform lighting in a canopy space is crucial component to your growing results. Kind LED features high quality diodes intensified with secondary optical lenses.
- At max PPFD of 720.25 at height of 36′, your garden has the highest available in the market
- Adjustable spectrum to match vegetative and flowering stages of your plants
- In addition there is flexibility for specific spectrum control for almost any plant genus in applications such as greenhouse growing and in agriculture operations where crop rotation, or zoning, is practiced
- All light cycles are programmed and changed from a convenient remote, no bulky fixtures
- You can mimic the great outdoors like never before seen in indoor growing, simulating dawn the morning and sunset every night, with 8 separately set stages allowing a natural progression of light. You set these stages to the desired duration and desired spectrum intensities.
- Each function of the K5 series can be controlled from a convenient remote. It is hard to imagine how people are able to control spectrum or switch between modes on their lights when they are in the middle of a grow and their light(s) are hanging above a huge canopy of delicate plants without such facility!!!
Yet, some companies don’t offer this obvious necessity.
Black Dog LED PhytoMAX-2 600 Grow Lights | High Yield Full Spectrum Indoor Grow Light with Bonus Quick Start Guide
- MADE IN USA, Black Dog LED states it has the most powerful LED grow lights with the largest research-proven uniform footprints
- COMPACT AND POWERFUL: The intense spectrum of this light array can reach through your garden canopy to nourish growth in the lower leaves and flowers.
- You will love your harvest results. You can expect best quality flowers with the phytoMAX-2 600 LED grow lights.
- You will also see more trichomes, the tiny protuberances on cannabis which contain the nutritious and medicinal cannabinoids.
- Independent spectroradiometer testing has shown up to 5′ X 5′ (25 square feet!) of flowering footprint coverage!
- The unique Phyto-Genesis Spectrum, over 6 years of documented use, outperforms HPS, MH, CMH (LEC), induction, fluorescent, and “white”, so-called “full-spectrum” LEDs in equal wattage tests
TopoGrow 2XLED Grow Tent Complete Kit LED 1800W COB LED Grow Light Kit +120″X60″X80″ Indoor Grow Tent + 8″ Fan&Filter&Ducting Combo Hydroponics Tent System (LED1800W COB, 120″X60″X80″+8″)
This is the largest of four currently available sizes. For multiple plants, this is the right one.
This kit offers you:
- LED1800W COB Grow Light Kit
- 1800W output
- 100-260V Input Voltage
- AC85~265V, 500W Actual Power Consumption
- 9PCS 200W high intensity COB (64 3W chip on board)
- Results in better color uniformity and luminous efficiency, getting superior results in the vegetative stage and blooming stage of your plants
- This row tent is manufactured from 96% highly reflective waterproof diamond Mylar, heavy duty 600D lightproof oxford cloth, 16 mm diameter white paint coated metal rods and 16 mm plastic corners .
- 8″ fan, filter and ducting combo
- Filter/8″ Flange: 8″ Flange: 22″H x 11″D, 950 Iodine Adsorption Value
- Coal Based activated carbon; Fan/120V60HZ; 120V60HZ; 215Watt; 1.83A; 3000RPM; 720CFM; duct φ8″ * 25FT, Galvanized steel Clamps
- Use for all stages of plant growth, is suitable for indoor house garden, cannabis culture, vegetable garden, sowing, breeding, farm, flower exhibition, bonsai, green house, water soluble breeding, pipeline cultivation and so on
- Package: with three boxes, discreet packages
- Buyers love this tent for fast shipping and easy set up – except for one thing, and it’s important.
The ventilation. Mentions are that there is no instruction. So here are some pointers:
CREE CXB3590 COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum, CF Grow 600 W Dimmable High Intensity LED Plant Grow Lamp Daisy Chain for Indoor Special Plants Greenhouse Seedlings Veg Flower All Stage Growth (600 W)
It wasn’t so long ago that you got “that look” from people if you shared that you were growing a lot of plants indoors, or setting up a greenhouse.
However, we have progressed from that response. Not only are some folks able to grow pot legally, but many want to grow orchids, herbs, salads, and other edibles indoors.
Some want to get a head start on the growing season and plant their seedlings inside or in a greenhouse.
This product offers:
The newest CREE LED grow light is the right one for indoor plants in all stages of growth with FULL SPECTRUM 380nm~780nm, and replaces the 1000W HPS growing lamp.
Each LED chip can reach 120 W of intensity.
These extremely powerful chips provide the best spectrum for your indoor plants, resulting in fast healthy growth.
This CREE COB LED grow light is manufactured by MEAN WELL. This superior quality unit is waterproof to guarantee more stable voltage and longer life of the COB LED chips.
This FULL SPECTRUM led grow light uses the USA made IDEAL COB Holder and the German WAGO brand connector, components with the highest of reputations.
It will give your garden over 100,000 hours of a light.
Note: the light is very bright, and should not be looked into for a prolonged time. Sunglasses are recommended during trimming/attending in your grow area.
Experienced growers give this light array a 4.3 Star Rating. The dimmer function is considered crucial for early growth stages. Mentions are made of quality packaging, cool array, and quiet fan run.
This offers more choices of where you can place your unit.
The seller states: “We are a professional LED plant grow light manufacturer with strong R&D team and many light tester. 24-hour professional service center, 30 days full refund, 3 years warranty and 365 days technical support. If you have any questions and are not satisfied, please feel free to contact us.”
ORIGLITE Spectrum Tuning Integrated Dimming LED Plant Grow Light LM301B 660nm 730nm 660W Horticulture Aquarium Hydroponic Indoor Lighting Meanwell Power 5-Year Warranty
This company gets 5 Stars for top of the line customer service/easy communication.
The Tuning Spectrum can be done manually or digital, via phone or computer.
Adjusting the spectrum will best nourish any plant type at any stage of growth. Vegetables, blooms, cannabis will get fast (even one week) flowering with the Spectrum Irradiance Colorimeter for precise control over PPFD.
A new crop can be optimally initiated with its varying light requirements because of the spectrum tuning functions.
This product also offers:
- Dimming – 65535PCS lights around 2-5KM in area, to be tunable, to the maximum.
- LoRa Technology – use of a long-range wireless modem that effects an ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity.
- This factor is a resolution for the traditional design conflicts between range, prevention of signal interference and volume of energy usage
PrimeGarden 120”X60”X80” 600D Mylar Grow Tent + 2PCS LED 1200W Full Spectrum Grow Light Hydroponic Indoor Growing System Complete Package (2x LED1200W, 120”x60”x80”)
For those who don’t have an indoor grow are or greenhouse facilities, a grow tent is the answer.
It is described as “top quality” and “great construction“.
This company gets also favorable mention for excellent customer service and quick replacement of the LED light at a crucial growth stage.
This Package includes:
LED Grow Light:
One LED Grow Panel Light
One Power Line
Two Stainless Steel hanging kits
One 96% 600 D reflective Growing Tent Cover
One set 16 MM frame of rods and connectors
One Removable Water-proof Floor Tray
Nylon Belts can be used for Filter Straps
Multiple rectangular mesh vents
Led Grow Light MARS HYDRO 1200W CREE LED Growing Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants High Yield Veg and Flower Plant Lights for Hydroponics (Pro II Cree 1200W)
- This LED Grow Light effects increased red and blue PAR per watt to result in higher yield, better quality and reduced growing costs giving the horticulture industry its most powerful lighting system
- Each Mars PROII series array is designed with full-power functionality for optimal light intensity and healthy plant growth.
- Upgraded power supply and improved reflector cup design
- Epistar chips provide your crop with 100% output
- FLEXIBLE CONTROL with the flexible U-connector – option to connect multiple lights together and full growth and bloom switches available for the correct intensity of lighting
- Easy operation and management
- This unit compares to the traditional 800 watt HPS/MH
- Designed for a 4’x4′ growing area at 24″ height
- Whole light is ETL certificated
- Plug with VDE and UL Certification wires.
- WARRANTY: 3 years authentic warranty with the support of service center in America. 30 days satisfaction or return guarantee if the light had any dysfunction. Within 1 year, no shipping fee and no replaced parts fee.
- From 1 to 2 years, customers are responsible for shipping charges but replaced parts are free. From 2 to 3 years, you’ll be responsible for both shipping charges and a handling fee.
Spider Farmer SF-4000 LED Grow Light, with Samsung Chips & Dimmable Mean Well Driver, Full Spectrum 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR for Indoor Plants (1212pcs LEDs)
- Best cost effectiveness: High Energy Efficiency with 2.7 umol/J, only consuming 456 watt
- Veg footprint is 6 x 6 ft, Flowering footprint is 5 x 5 ft.
- BETTER LIGHT PENETRATION: SAMSUNG LM301B Diodes – Currently one of the most efficient LED’S on the market.
- Evenly placed to give you optimal light distribution, creating a uniform canopy
- Yields as much as a 50% increase with less energy, compared with other red/blue lights
- Uniquely designed no fan resulting in no noise
- Ample solid aluminium heat sink
- Best quality protected covered cables
- Waterproof LED
- High safety performance MEAN WELL Driver
- 50% longer longevity in comparison to other brand lights, reducing overall costs and instilling growth with confidence
- SUNLIGHT SPECTRUM: Blue,White,Red and IR (660-665nm, 3000 K, 5000 K and IR 760 nm), provides the nutrition your crops require in the simulation of natural sunlight
- Watch your seedlings produce beautiful high thriving plants and harvest your own seed supply
- Accessible service centers – 100% satisfaction service with 3 Years local warranty (service centers located in US,CA,UK,DE) and return unconditionally within 30 days.
This article below explains why grow lights are important for your indoor plants. Not everyone is familiar with light colors, so I think this is useful if you’re just starting out with indoor plants.
Using Grow Lights For Indoor Gardens by Joanne Jones
Grow lights are special electrical lights that are used for growing plants. They work by giving off light in the same light spectrum as the sun does. Plants are then able to use this light in photosynthesis. Therefore, grow lights are very useful for indoor gardens, where plants don’t receive enough sunlight to grow on their own. Here’s a brief description of why you should use grow lights, which bulbs give off what colour of light and the light requirements for different plants.
Why Use Them?
Here are a few reasons why you should use grow lights:
- Sometimes you have to place a plant in an area that doesn’t receive enough light and you want to give it an extra boost,
- You want to have beautiful flowers all year long on plants such as African Violets or orchids,
- To start seedlings indoors before planting them outside or,
- To grow an herb and vegetable garden inside your home so that you can enjoy fresh herbs and vegetables during the winter months.
What Are The Different Colours of Lights?
Blue and red are the most common colours of light that you will hear indoor gardeners talk about. Each colour is used for a different stage of growth by the plant. Blue light is the colour of light that makes a plant grow. It is perfect for starting seedlings and leafy plants. Later, plants need red light because it makes the plant produce vegetables and flowers. However, too much blue light can cause a plant to become stocky, while too much red light can cause a plant to become tall, thin and spindly.
There are three different kinds of grow lights: incandescent, fluorescent and high-intensity discharge (HID) lights. Each type of light produces a different colour from the light spectrum.
- Incandescent light bulbs give off mostly red light.
- Cool white fluorescent bulbs produces only blue light, while warm white fluorescent bulbs produce mostly red light. Another alternative is to use a full-spectrum fluorescent bulb, which provides both blue and red light.
- A metal halide HID bulb gives off mostly blue light, while the high-pressure sodium HID light bulb gives off light from the orange-red spectrum.
What Are The Growing Conditions for Plants?Different plants need different growing conditions. They respond to different spectrums or colours of light in different ways, some need more light than others and some need light for shorter or longer hours each day. Plants can be broken down into two general categories: flowering and non-flowering. Here is a brief description of the growing conditions required by plants in each category.
Flowering Plants and Vegetables: Includes African violets, begonias and chrysanthemums. They like to be close to a light source, about 10 to 12 inches. The use of red light will cause these plants to produce lots of flowers.
Also, they love the light – the more the better for them. If these plants don’t receive enough light, they become very pale. They require anywhere from 14 to 18 hours of sunlight a day to produce flowers or vegetables. There are a few exceptions to this rule; plants like African violets, coleus and geraniums only require 8 to 12 hours of sunlight. Other exceptions are azaleas, begonias, chrysanthemums and kalanchoe; they require less than 12 hours of sunlight year round and even shorter hours of sunlight before they will flower.
Non-flowering Plants: Includes ivy and philodendron. They can be further away from a light source, even as far away as 36 inches. They will do well with only 8 to 12 hours of sunlight each day.
I hope you have found this guide to growing lights useful. Check us out at The Gardener’s Escape [http://www.thegardenersescape.com/Shopping/BuyingGuides/GrowLightsBuyingGuide.htm] for a more comprehensive guide to growing lights to help you choose the one that is right for you! While you are there, check out our Articles Page [http://www.thegardenersescape.com/Articles/ContainerGardening/ContainerGardening.htm] for more helpful container gardening tips.
Author’s links were disabled at publication source.